The days are getting longer, the sunshine is getting warmer and spring is finally within reach! When spring arrives it is important to take some key steps to ensure proper care of your yard and fence. Here are some key areas to inspect on your fence when spring cleanup time arrives:
- Inspect concrete around posts for damage. Any cracks caused from frost should be fixed right away to maintain the integrity of the posts.
- Clean all debris from around the fence. This includes buildup of fallen leaves and dead weeds; this will help prevent rotting.
- Check your fence for any screws and nails that may have been pushed out due to the frost. These can become a safety hazard for both children and pets and will also compromise the integrity of your fence.
- Replace any cracked boards, and look for any knots that have created weak spots.
- Power wash and scrub your fence to remove any dirt and grime. In doing so, this will remove any mold and minimize the chances of your fence rotting.
- Now is also a great time to paint, stain or reseal your fence. This will give the fence an extra layer of protection from drying out and warping for the summer heat ahead.
We highly recommend including your fence in your spring cleanup. This allows you to spot any issues before it’s too late. This greatly extends the life of your fence, keeping your family and loved ones safe and secure.
We would be more than happy to help you with a spring inspection. Please call a location near you for more information!
Roma Fence Ltd. – Bolton: (905) 951 – 8088
Roma Fence (East) Inc. – Stouffville: (416) 213 – 7270
Roma Fence (West) Inc. – Milton: (905) 875 – 2801